HR Analytics and Total Rewards Specialist
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HUMAN RESOURCES - CORPORATE
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
This position reports to the Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS Director. The position will provide analytics, reporting, and data necessary to support the HR team. Also, supports the Total Rewards team (Classification/Compensation and Benefits) including ad-hoc total rewards projects. As needed, provides overall support of day-to-day operations of the HR department. Acts as HRIS back up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- HR Analytics
- Provides analytic, reporting, data/metrics necessary to support the HR team
- Develops and maintains interactive dashboards/reports that provide valuable HR metric data
- Tracks and maintains grant information as it relates to HR data.
- Seeks continuous improvement in streamlined reporting, systems and processes.
- Develops and maintains the confidential job description library, Parity Rate Schedule and job family leveling charts. Provides analytical and project support for the compensation/classification program.
- Provides analytical and project support for the employee benefit programs including health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance, wellness program, retirement, pension and other plans, as needed.
- Develops and maintains the VOALA intranet communications. May conducts training and presentations for both managers and employees.
- Assists in developing benefits and compensation communication and training materials for both managers and employees.
- HRIS & HR General Support
- Acts as HRIS back-up. Assists with system upgrades and/or implementations.
- Provides overall support of day-to-day operations of the HR department, as needed.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to work a regular schedule provided by your direct supervisor.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or the equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Total of Two Years’ experience to include:
- Minimum of one year of in-depth Human Resources experience in HRIS Analytics, including working knowledge of Classification/Compensation, Benefits (Health & Welfare, Worker’s Compensation, Pension/savings plans, Wellness).
- Minimum two years’ professional level human resources experience in large complex organizations.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of HR Information systems, developing data metrics and generating complex reports
- Working knowledge of compensation analytics and administration.
- Working knowledge of benefits analytics and administration, including FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, LOA, interactive process.
- Working knowledge of FLSA regulations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of California state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills: Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Must be able to develop complex formulas, pivot tables and v-lookups in Excel.
- Demonstrated HRIS skills, including general database and complex reporting experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated skills in reporting and data analytics as it relates to compensation, benefits, employee relations and general HR concepts.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at same time
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to design custom reports in HRIS system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations and training programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex questions and develop effective solutions.
- Skilled in continuous improvement in work processes and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
- Strongly prefer Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, CCP, CBP or CEBS strongly preferred
- Ulti-Pro HRIS, applicant tracking systems, electronic time-keeping systems.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.