Housing Coordinator - (SSVF-OC)
Adult Services | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The SSVF Housing Coordinator is responsible for promoting the SSVF program throughout Orange County and surrounding areas, targeting low-income veteran households who are at risk of becoming homeless or are homeless and in need of housing stability. The SSVF Housing Coordinator is also responsible for networking and organizing community organizations to end Veteran homelessness.
The SSVF Housing Coordinator duties are summarized as:
- Maintain and build partnerships and coalitions with other community and government agencies.
- Reach out to low-income veteran households throughout Orange County and surrounding communities.
- Participate and assist with outreach events.
- Monitor and documents outreach progress and process.
- Develop, perform, and assist with workshops pertaining to veteran households needs.
- Provide SSVF information and referrals to community based organizations.
- Maintain “by-name” list of all literally homeless Veterans in Orange County.
- Engage community organizations to participate in efforts to end Veteran homelessness in Orange County.
- Actively participate in networking groups, working groups, and other community meetings.
- Coordinate and conduct community meetings.
- Prepare and implement strategic operational plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Team Leadership and Management Skills preferred
- Strategic planning with analytical and problem solving skills preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, internet usage, and database skills
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Valid California driver’s license and insured automobile.
- U.S. Veteran strongly preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred