Housekeeper LAHSA Homekey The Nest
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Homekey - The Nest
Due to COVID-19, a need arose to quickly serve our at-risk homeless neighbors. The Project HomeKey program provides housing for those experiencing homelessness, or those at risk of experiencing homelessness. This program aims to provide case management, connection to services, and shelter to our neighbors.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the property, the Housekeeper must also be sensitive to the needs and challenges in the community and be able to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily cleaning of assigned areas using various cleaning products.
- Restock bathrooms
- Responsible for dusting, window cleaning, waste cans, and vacuuming lobby area and hallways.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Experience cleaning high foot traffic areas and bathrooms.
- Ability to operate battery powered equipment and electric vacuum.
- Ability to stand and bend for extended periods.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Prompt, team player, regular attendance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.