Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Job Summary and Purpose
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the property, the Housekeeper must also be sensitive to the needs and challenges in the community and be able to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life.
- Daily cleaning of assigned areas using various cleaning chemicals.
- Restock bathrooms
- Responsible for dusting, window cleaning, waste cans, and vacuuming lobby area and hallways.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- TB Test
- Experience cleaning high foot traffic areas and bathrooms.
- Ability to operate battery powered equipment and electric vacuum.Ability to stand and bend for extended periods.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record