HMIS Specialist Project Roomkey Airtel
Adult Services | Van Nuys, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Project Roomkey - Airtel
Project Roomkey is a collaborative effort to secure hotel and motel rooms for vulnerable people experiencing homelessness. It provides a way for people who don’t have a home to stay inside to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Project Roomkey aims to not only protect high-risk individuals, but to also prevent the spread of the deadly virus in our communities and protect the capacity of our hospitals and healthcare system. The Project Roomkey program will provide temporary housing for people experiencing homelessness who are not COVID-19 positive or symptomatic, but are vulnerable to complications should they become infected with COVID-19. Participates in Project Roomkey, individuals must be 65 years of age or older or have underlying medical conditions or be medically compromised.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The HMIS Specialist (Homeless Management Information System) will maintain data for veterans with families that have accessed the SSVF program. The following duties may be handled in conjunction with Veteran's Administration staff, and SSVF staff where applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies, corrects and enters participant information into centralized database (HMIS); conducts regular audits to assure accuracy of data
- Monitors database reports to assure consistency with hardcopy records and other logs
- Runs regular progress reports, and other reports as required by Program Manager; creates customized reports to support shelter management and to provided other needed information on request
- Coordinates with Case Managers and Intake staff to ensure HMIS intake requirements are met
- Trains staff on database (HMIS) and answers questions relating to the system
- Supports any technical and reporting issues for SSVF-LA;
- Assists with program funder audits and monitoring visits;
- Attends conferences and regular meetings with database contractors and VA, reports updates to SSVF
- Oversees the privacy/confidentiality notification processes to meet regulatory guidelines
- Exports HMIS data and upload to VA repository monthly
- Other duties as may be required to support SSVF program with database and information system expertise.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience operating/maintaining database
- Strong knowledge of Database operations
- Strong technology skills (detailed below)
- Strong skill with Microsoft Office suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
- Strong internet skills, able to remotely share data with VA and funders as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Able to develop working relationship with stakeholders and program participants.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- U.S. Veteran preferred.
- Familiarity with HMIS, Adsystech, and/or Clarity programs
- Experience working with veterans, people in recovery and/or homelessness individuals
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.