HMIS Specialist Pathways To Home
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
PATHWAYS TO HOME
Pathways to Home is the largest homeless shelter in Los Angeles, providing a diverse group of services, including: Comprehensive Case Management Services, Affordable Housing Assistance, Transitional Housing Programs, Permanent Housing Placements, JWCH Mobile Clinic, Department of Health Services, USC-HIV Study/Prevention.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The HMIS Specialist (Homeless Management Information System) will maintain data for veterans with families that have accessed the SSVF program. The following duties may be handled in conjunction with Veteran's Administration staff, and SSVF staff where applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies, corrects and enters participant information into centralized database (HMIS); conducts regular audits to assure accuracy of data
- Monitors database reports to assure consistency with hardcopy records and other logs
- Runs regular progress reports, and other reports as required by Program Manager; creates customized reports to support shelter management and to provided other needed information on request
- Coordinates with Case Managers and Intake staff to ensure HMIS intake requirements are met
- Trains staff on database (HMIS) and answers questions relating to the system
- Supports any technical and reporting issues for SSVF-LA;
- Assists with program funder audits and monitoring visits;
- Attends conferences and regular meetings with database contractors and VA, reports updates to SSVF
- Oversees the privacy/confidentiality notification processes to meet regulatory guidelines
- Exports HMIS data and upload to VA repository monthly
- Other duties as may be required to support SSVF program with database and information system expertise.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High school diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience operating/maintaining database
- Strong knowledge of Database operations
- Strong skill with Microsoft Office suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
- Strong internet skills, able to remotely share data with VA and funders as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable. accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Able to develop working relationship with stakeholders and program participants.
- Bachelor's degree.
- U.S. Veteran preferred.
- Familiarity with HMIS, Adsystech, and/or Clarity programs
- Experience working with veterans, people in recovery and/or homelessness individuals
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).
- Knowledge and experience working with and using HMIS software or programs.
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or access to a reliable mode of transportation.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.