Maintenance and Grounds | Los Angeles, CA
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. VOALA is a flexible but hard-working organization. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep, restoration and overall cleanliness of the property. Duties include:
- Care for established lawns by mowing, mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and wall.
- Mix and apply fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs and trees; haul and spread topsoil and mulches
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, groundcovers, trees and shrubs; maintain plantings
- Gather and remove litter
- Install and maintain drainage systems, irrigation systems, fences and planters; maintain and repair tools and equipment
- Provide upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and other grounds feature
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in grounds and landscape maintenance
- Valid California drivers license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of use and care of mowers, saws, trimmers and axes and other hand and power tools
- Must be able to lift (up to 50 lbs unassisted), squat, kneel, bend and walk continuously
- Ability to read and understand written instructions in English a plus
- Experience installing and maintaining irrigation systems preferred