Graveyard Monitor - (Transitional Living Program for RHY)
Adult Services | Talent Search West Adams | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Ensures the ongoing safety of youth and immediately reports and addresses any signs of harassment or other bullying or conflict issues.
- Secures the facility, including periodically walking the facility and making reports as needed.
- Works with Program Coordinator in development of Individual Service Plans and linkages with services.
- Assists program staff in integrating positive youth development strategies and other evidence-informed practices to provide a holistic service approach, including providing life skills through “teachable” moments.
- Inputs required program data on HMIS, and completes written and incident reports.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- High school diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Must be over the age of 18 years.
- Valid California driver's license and dependable transportation with adequate insurance.
- 6 months in the security field or 6 months working with the target population, or a combination of both totaling 6 months of experience.
- Knowledge of the local community and the various services provided within the community that can be helpful for clients.
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
- Basic computer and Microsoft operating system navigation, including Outlook, Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Basic Database entry and use.
SKILLS and ABILITIES.
- Strong written and verbal communication to understand and communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and write in the English language to log data and complete forms.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and make good decisions.
- Ability to interpret data, be detail oriented, accurate, analytical, and organized.
- Client- focused Prompt, collaborative, team player, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, and compassionate.
- U.S. Veteran or experience working with U.S Armed Forces Veterans.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).
- Experience with administering prescription medications and drug/alcohol usage testing.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or reliable mode of transportation.
- Knowledge and experience navigating and logging data into a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.