Grant Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Grant Administrator provides executive office support for the Development Staff (Director, Grant Manager and Grant Writer), and acts as event coordinator and scheduler. Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff across all VOALA while supporting the Development team’s efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under direction from the Director and the Grant Manager:
- Coordinate grant writing schedules; track and publish relevant deadlines for grant proposals and other work in progress, assisting the timely delivery of proposals.
- Performs relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and support grant writing efforts.
- Filing and clerical support for Development team, gathers and organizes documents needed for submission of proposals.
- Coordinates Development staff events and visits to program sites.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, travel, and other group activities when required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed.
- Answers telephone, e-mails, letters, and replies to questions accordingly.
- Take and relay messages.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, fostering regular information exchange between Development Staff and Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field;
- OR Three years of related experience
- One year of experience in Non-profit administration or program development
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understands and follows oral and written directions as directed.
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Prompt, team player, regular attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.