Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Transportation - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The Transportation Team provides and coordinates the transportation and vehicle needs of over 120 Social Service programs across the two counties served by VOALA; including providing driver training on safety and regulatory requirements, as well as maintenance of VOALA vehicles.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Fleet Coordinator advises the COO on the status of VOALA vehicles and the transportation requirements of the various programs. The Fleet Coordinator has responsibility for oversight of vehicle safety, tags & stickers, and regular maintenance of the vehicles owned by VOALA, and located at the various sites operated by VOALA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of a fleet of over 100 vehicles
- Research and Identify vehicle needs of VOALA programs and assist in the purchase or lease of vehicles to meet the requirements
- Inspect vehicles and advise Program Managers on efficient driver scheduling and vehicle usage to maximize service to the organization
- Ensures all VOALA vehicles have current registration and license plates.
- Tracks vehicle use, operations costs (fuel, tolls, scheduled maintenance, insurance) and vehicle costs (purchase, lease, licensing, major repairs) in order to identify most cost-effective means to satisfy VOALA transportation needs
- Maintains detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Identify regional, cost effective, and reliable mechanic shops for maintenance and servicing requirements
- Ensures compliance with CAL-OSHA and U.S. Department of Transport laws and regulations.
- Schedules and records regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency – minimize downtime and maintain schedules
- Monitors driver behavior and ensures a high level of safety and customer service.
- Analyzes data to increase transportation operational efficiency.
- Utilize GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
- Stands in for couriers and drivers as needed.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Requires clean driving record to be insurable by VOALA insurance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Valid California Driver's License
- 4 years in a logistics or transportation role
- Knowledge of CA driving laws
- Knowledge of logistics principles and processes
- Familiar with Los Angeles and Orange County freeways
- Knowledge of passenger van, cargo van and light truck operations, cost and maintenance.
- Basic Microsoft Office suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- GPS system operations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to train drivers in safe operations
- Able to coordinate efforts of multiple stakeholders in multiple locations
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to work effectively with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs on a regular basis and up to 50lbs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, transportation, logistics or other related field preferred.
- Automotive repair and maintenance skill
- Able to develop and implement fleet control processes
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.