English/ Language Arts Instructor - (Upward Bound Los Angeles)
Youth Services | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Upward Bound identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career and financials advising to students; encourages them to graduate from high school and continue their post-secondary education. The program operates an academic and summer component. Provides after school enrichment program, college and career tours.
8:00am - 3:00pm every other Saturday
- Develop and teach English/Language Arts curriculum for CAASPP; Test preparations in alignment with Common Core State Standards
- Prepare and submit: subject syllabus, lesson plans and participant evaluation reports
- Administer assessment and classroom management
- Communicate with project management staff regarding course success and challenges.
- Develop resource course materials to enhance instructional learning activities
- Prepare quarterly evaluation progress reports for participants and parents
- Bachelor of Art Degree in English or related field
- 2 years of teaching experience with high school students
- Teaching credential preferred or CBEST test completion
- Available to work Saturdays 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to implement CAASPP and Common Core Standards