Driver Long Beach
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | Long Beach, CA | Full Time | From $18.05 to $19.00 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Responsible for timely delivery of meals to VOALA facilities. The driver will work as a part of a team, food packing, loading and delivery. Responsibilities include food production/pack-out, equipment maintenance, and facility maintenance. The Delivery Driver is a critical member of the team and will interact with VOALA facilities on a daily basis, serving customers and representing the company throughout the community. Driver must ensure all guidelines are followed for safe and timely delivery. Some light custodial duties as needed. When not delivering meals, the Driver shall assist the Nutrition Staff on maintenance and inventory tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembly, packing and proper placement and care of meals including ensuring appropriate temperature levels of meals when distributed to school sites across Los Angeles County
- Maintain inventory, organize and keep record of food service items at each distribution site, including quantities and specifications
- On-time receiving, transferring, and organizing food supplies as delivered to kitchen facility
- Maintain the interior and exterior of all buildings, parking lots and grounds in good order
- Maintains all indoor and outdoor delivery equipment in a safe and attractive condition painting, and repairing as needed. Work closely with outside maintenance personnel
- Maintain program vehicle in good operating condition, clean vehicle and equipment after each delivery
- Assist nutrition staff with various production needs, perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Must have a clean driving record to be insurable by VOALA insurance
- California Drivers license in good standing, good driving record and insurance in force.
- Six Months of experience in delivery driving.
- Knowledge of CA driving laws.
- Basic Microsoft Office suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to work effectively with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift a minimum of 25lbs on a regular basis and up to 50lbs as necessary.
Proof at the time of hire:
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
Health screening at the time of employment
Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment
High School Diploma or Equivalent
First Aid/CPR certification.
Certifications in public health, Nutrition, Food safety, or related field.
Food handler certification.
Work experience in food industry.
Bilingual English/Spanish or other languages
Knowledge of nutritional practices and principles
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.