Documentation Verifier Jan Clayton Center
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JAN CLAYTON CENTER
Jan Clayton Center is a 48 bed licensed residential substance abuse treatment facility under contract with SAPC that provides treatment services to adult males 18 and over who have or are eligible for LA County MediCal or My Health LA benefits and meet ASAM medical necessity criteria. Treatment services provided by on site mental health therapists, substance abuse counselors and case managers, Services include individual and group counseling, substance abuse education and trauma informed care. Linkage to medical, mental health, vision and dental care provided. Coordination of services with court, probation, parole, DCFS provided. Coordinate admissions with hospitals and In Custody Referral Network. Referrals for medication assisted treatment for opiate and alcohol use disorders. Average length of stay from 30 to 120 days based upon medical necessity determination.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
While maintaining beneficiary confidentiality and information security, the Documentation verifier, will review for completion and accuracy of all services requiring documentation in the electronic health record system, confirming signatures for program and program activity attendance, track original signed documents and submit to biller for processing. This position will work closely with the Program Manager and program biller to ensure billing accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all intake billing related documentation in SAGE: CalOms, Financial Eligibility, Treatment Authorization, ICD 10 codes, Client Consent, and Clinical contact information
- Verify timely completion and data entry of treatment notes
- Verify essential treatment note information (i.e. units of services, time start -end time, documentation start-end time, date of service)
- Verify all paper form documentation for accuracy and completeness, tracking sheets
- Daily review of documentation for billable services
- Maintain and store all billing supportive documentation as required by State guidelines, prepares for submission to billing department
- Assists in maintaining confidential files in both physical and electronic forms
- Assists management in reconciling data
- Provides general office support including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling intakes, faxing, scanning and maintaining daily census records
- Other duties as required to meet program goals, subject to change as needed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School diploma
- 1 year review/ file audit experience
- Understanding data entry requirements
- Must be computer literate and be comfortable working with Word, Excel and emails.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication ability,
- Able to set priorities and handle multiple tasks,
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical
- Organized and meets established deadlines
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular attendance,
- Associate Degree or medical coding certificate. Prior experience with Medi-Cal billing
- 2 year review/ file audit experience
- Understanding of file and data audit
- Strong Computer literacy, familiar with Database entry; Microsoft operating systems including: Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint..
- Good typing skills including 10 key.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.