Documentation Verifier Central City Recovery
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment.
ANGEL STEP TOO
Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs provide Residential and Outpatient Treatment for adults age 18 and over with a substance-use disorder. Our services engage in an evidence-based trauma-informed care model of utilizing cognitive behavior therapy and motivational interviewing. Program emphasis includes instruction on developing coping and life skills allowing each individual to maintain a healthy, productive lifestyle and overcome the stress and barriers to successful daily living. We provide wrap-around services including assessments, individualized treatment planning, group and individual therapy, group and individual counseling, case management and linkage to community resources. All potential beneficiaries must have or qualify for Medi-Cal or My Health LA health coverage and reside in Los Angeles County. Our program services are provided in a multicultural setting with individuals of diverse ethnicities and lifestyles.
Angel Step Too is a 30 bed facility serving women- parenting and non-parenting as well as pregnant and postpartum for substance abuse treatment in a residential setting for 30 to 120 days.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
While maintaining beneficiary confidentiality and information security, the Documentation verifier, will review for completion and accuracy of all services requiring documentation in the electronic health record system, confirming signatures for program and program activity attendance, track original signed documents and submit to biller for processing. This position will work closely with the Program Manager and program biller to ensure billing accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all intake billing related documentation in SAGE: CalOms, Financial Eligibility, Treatment Authorization, ICD 10 codes, Client Consent, and Clinical contact information
- Verify timely completion and data entry of treatment notes
- Verify essential treatment note information (i.e. units of services, time start -end time, documentation start-end time, date of service)
- Verify all paper form documentation for accuracy and completeness, tracking sheets
- Daily review of documentation for billable services
- Maintain and store all billing supportive documentation as required by State guidelines, prepares for submission to billing department
- Assists in maintaining confidential files in both physical and electronic forms
- Assists management in reconciling data
- Provides general office support including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling intakes, faxing, scanning and maintaining daily census records
- Other duties as required to meet program goals, subject to change as needed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School diploma
- 1 year review/ file audit experience
- Understanding data entry requirements
- Must be computer literate and be comfortable working with Word, Excel and emails.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication ability,
- Able to set priorities and handle multiple tasks,
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical
- Organized and meets established deadlines
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular attendance
- Associate Degree or medical coding certificate. Prior experience with Medi-Cal billing
- 2 year review/ file audit experience
- Understanding of file and data audit
- Strong Computer literacy, familiar with Database entry; Microsoft operating systems including: Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good typing skills including 10 key.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.