Database Project Coordinator
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Evaluation Department assesses the effectiveness of our programs through consultative approaches coupled with extensive data analysis. Based on results, the Evaluation staff works with the program to identify and implement strategies and processes for continuous improvements.
- Develop project to determine required paperwork versus data to be directly entered and retrieved from database while meeting requirements of the funder.
- Oversee project timelines and ensure all required documentation is received for advancing projects.
- Streamline documentation where applicable.
- Provides database training and support to programs
- Ongoing rapport with programs/ monthly visitations
- Assist in developing customized reports for programs when needed
- Corresponds with Continuous Quality Improvement Department regarding missing data issues and follows up with training where necessary.
- Keeps current with updated funder requirements
- Master's degree in social services, public health or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 -- 5 years of experience in program evaluation, data management and training on data management
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in program evaluation and/or data management in a community based organization
- Proven knowledge and experience with project management, research, and statistical analysis methodology
- Ability to conduct needs and assets assessments
- Experience with curriculum development and teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid California driver's license and current, full coverage auto insurance
- Knowledge of VISIO and/or HMIS helpful
- Strong organizational skills