Data Quality Specialist Home in Hacienda
Adult Services | Hacienda Heights, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Home in Hacienda
Due to COVID-19, a need arose to quickly serve our at risk homeless neighbors. The Project HomeKey program provides housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing homelessness and who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will interact with previous Project Roomkey clients.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Data Quality Specialist will maintain data for clients and families that have accessed the program. The following duties may be handled in conjunction with Funder staff, and Program staff where applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies, corrects and enters participant information into centralized database;
- Documentation Review – Conducts file documentation review at least weekly. Ensures that all documentation is in order including ensuring documents are filled out correctly, compete, and signed. This ensures quality assurance at the program level.
- Monitors database reports to assure consistency with hardcopy records and other logs
- Runs regular progress reports, and other reports as required by Program Manager; creates customized reports to support shelter management and to provided other needed information on request
- Coordinates with Case Managers and Intake staff to ensure data intake requirements are met
- Trains staff on database and answers questions relating to the system
- Supports any technical and reporting issues for the Program;
- Assists with program funder audits and monitoring visits;
- Attends conferences and regular meetings with database contractors and Funder staff
- Oversees the privacy/confidentiality notification processes to meet regulatory guidelines
- Exports data and upload to Funder repository as directed
- Other duties as may be required to support the program with database and information system expertise.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience operating/maintaining database
- Strong knowledge of Database operations
- Strong technology skills (detailed below)
- Strong skill with Microsoft Office suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
- Strong internet skills, able to remotely share data with VA and funders as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Able to develop working relationship with stakeholders and program participants
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- U.S. Veteran preferred.
- Familiarity with HMIS, Adsystech, and/or Clarity programs
- Experience working with veterans, people in recovery and/or homelessness individuals
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.