Data Quality Reviewer I
Evaluation and Research | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
CORPORATE - CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Serving those who serve others. The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Department supports the programs of VOALA through data collection and validation, identifying, describing, and analyzing strengths and problems and then supporting the Evaluation Department and the Programs as they implement and update best practices. The CQI Department works with all VOALA programs to ensure their hard copy records and electronic databases meet legal and funder requirements, and reviews selected program procedures for compliance with funder requirements and goals. The CQI Department strives to ensure that all VOALA programs are “audit-ready”.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Under the direction of a Data Quality Coordinator, the Data Quality Reviewer I performs Continuous Quality Improvement review and audit of VOALA Program documentation and database practices related to grant, contract and legal requirements as well as organization policies and initiatives for assigned human services programs. The CQI Department provides dedicated CQI teams (Data Quality Reviewers and Data Quality Coordinators) to support VOALA Programs’ ability to be “audit ready.”
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct continuous quality improvement procedures with their assigned VOALA Programs:
- Execute CQI procedures to ensure that VOALA Program files are accurate and meet funder requirements (both hard copy and electronic databases)
- Performs CQI audit for every assigned VOALA program each fiscal year
- Strives to have all assigned VOALA programs “audit ready” for external audits
- Acquire broad knowledge of assigned program contracts and grants and their requirements through research and continuous engagement with programs
- Perform special audits of programs with corrective action plans or as otherwise identified by Director of Evaluation and Monitoring. Provide additional support to programs to ensure corrections are made. Provide related training where needed.
- Support programs prior to funder audits and ensure all requirements are in place. Review audit results from funders’ audits. Participate in after audit review of audits.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Director of Evaluation and Monitoring.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience, 4 years.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in data driven or quality assurance environment or a minimum of 5 years of related work experience without a degree.
- Familiarity with human services programs and record keeping requirements.
- Skilled database operations and management
- Basic Microsoft suite skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Outlook and Word.
- Familiar with internet applications and online data collection tools.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Project facilitation, able to have diverse groups work cooperatively and effectively.
- Ability to present complex technical information to diverse audiences in an understandable format.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to travel to various workplaces in Southern California, Valid California driver's license and current, full coverage auto insurance.
- Planning and Execution -
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple short-and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and constant focus on data quality
- Communication -Great oral and written communication skills – an ability to speak to people of all backgrounds working in a variety of settings and locations
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment, and a belief that collaboration is key to program success.
- Comfortable working independently, with experience working in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in data entry and database operations; familiarity with HMIS and/or Service Point
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal regulations, especially relating to provision of substance abuse treatment
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.