Data Quality Reviewer
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Reporting to the Lead Data Quality Coordinator, the Data Quality Reviewer will support the assigned human service area and the Continuous Quality Improvement Department. The Data Quality Reviewer will review and audit documentation and database practices related to grant and contract requirements as well as organization policies and initiatives.
The Data Quality Reviewer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Conduct assigned continuous quality improvement procedures in conjunction with the Lead Data Quality Coordinator.
- Support programs prior to funder audits and ensure all requirements are in place.
- Track, resolve, and document continuous quality improvement issues.
- Support program managers and supporting staff.
- Contribute to support documents, training's, and other shared resources to prepare programs for continuous quality improvement procedures.
- Support data quality, validity, and integrity across programs.
- Contribute to other Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives as needed
- Familiarity with HMIS and/or Service Point
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or experience. A background in social science is preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a data-driven, quality-oriented environment.
- Experience with data or databases.
- Familiarity with human services and documentation requirements.
- An understanding of what effective continuous quality improvement processes is preferred.
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment and a belief that collaboration is key to program success.
- Valid California driver's license and current, full coverage auto insurance
- Project facilitation
- Planning and Execution. -
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple short-and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail and constant focus on data quality
- Communication. -
- Great oral and written communication skills – an ability to speak to people of all backgrounds working in a variety of settings and locations.
- Collaboration & Team Work.
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer