Data Quality Coordinator
Evaluation and Monitoring | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Continuous Quality Improvement - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Department supports the programs of VOALA through data collection and validation, identifying, describing, and analyzing strengths and problems and then supporting the Evaluation Department and the Programs as they implement and update best practices. The CQI Department works with all VOALA programs to ensure their hard copy records and electronic databases meet legal and funder requirements, and reviews selected program procedures for compliance with funder requirements and goals. The CQI Department strives to ensure that all VOALA programs are “audit-ready”.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Under the supervision of the Lead Data Quality Coordinator, the Data Quality Coordinator leads a CQI team (the Coordinator and assigned Data Quality Reviewers) in the review and audit of the assigned programs’ documentation and database practices related to grant, contract and legal requirements as well as organization policies and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Data Quality Reviewers’ performance of the continuous quality improvement procedures with their assigned VOALA Programs:
- Ensures that Program files are accurate and meet funder requirements (both hard copy and electronic databases)
- Monitors that selected Program practices meet funder and legal requirements
- Ensures that identified deficiencies are corrected in support of continuous incremental improvement
- Strives to have all the CQI Team’s assigned programs “audit ready”
- Know assigned program contracts and their requirements
- Keep up to date with all assigned program funder requirements by attending workshops and meetings
- Ensure CQI Team includes funder/grant mandatory requirements in internal audits, so Programs are audit ready.
- Conduct special audits for programs with corrective action plans or otherwise identified by Director of Evaluation and Monitoring. Provide additional support to programs to ensure corrections are made. Provide related training where needed.
- Review team internal program audit reports.
- Keep up to date on denied billing, corrective action plans, and other identified problems in order to incorporate these identified issues in following audits.
- Support programs prior to funder audits and ensure all requirements are in place. Review audit results from funders. Make program visits.
- Track, resolve, and document continuous quality improvement issues. Support program managers and supporting staff.
- Communicate with funders to assist before, during, and after funder audits.
- Meet monthly with assigned Program personnel to provide technical support with regards to data quality management.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Director of Evaluation and CQI.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science or related field or 7 years of related work experience without a degree
- 5 years’ experience in data analysis or quality assurance
- 3 years’ experience in database operations/management
- 1 year experience with nonprofit organizations
- Proven knowledge of human services delivery and metrics
- Strong skill with database operations and management
- Proficient in data analysis for quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong Microsoft suite skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Outlook and Word.
- Familiar with internet applications and online data collection tools.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Project facilitation skill, able to have diverse groups work cooperatively and effectively.
- Ability to present complex technical information to diverse audiences in an understandable format.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to travel to various workplaces in Southern California, Valid California driver's license and current, full coverage auto insurance.
- Planning and Execution -
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple short-and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and constant focus on data quality
- Communication -Great oral and written communication skills – an ability to speak to people of all backgrounds working in a variety of settings and locations
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment, and a belief that collaboration is key to program success.
- Comfortable working independently, with experience working in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal regulations, especially relating to provision of substance abuse treatment
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.