Data Integrity Coordinator SSVF OC
Adult Services | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
SUPPORTIVE SERVICES FOR VETERAN FAMILIES
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) promotes housing stability to homeless or at–risk–of–becoming homeless Veterans and their families. The goal of the SSVF program is to provide clients with the skills necessary to maintain long term, independent living. SSVF is a short-term crisis intervention program, with services to include case management, housing and financial counseling, and assistance in obtaining benefits and services. For individual Veterans and those with dependents.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Data Integrity Coordinator oversees and validates the data entered into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) by program staff and dedicated HMIS Specialists. Conducts regular audits to ensure data accuracy, and corrects errors, ensures required monthly and periodic reporting to funder, and generates reports from HMIS data showing program performance. Trains all users of HMIS, assists in program funder audits, internal audits and monitoring visits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validates data entered into HMIS from multiple program locations through spot checks and regular audits to assure accuracy of data. Performs data entry to correct identified errors, and when program staff not available
- Oversees HMIS Specialists and program staff efforts to ensure the database is consistent with hardcopy records and other logs
- Runs regular progress reports, and other reports as required by Program Manager; creates customized reports to support program management and to provided other needed information on request, reviews reports generated by HMIS Specialists
- Ensures HMIS data is uploaded to funder’s database monthly/as required
- Coordinates with program staff to ensure HMIS intake requirements are met
- Subject matter expert on HMIS, trains program staff on database and answers questions relating to the system, oversees professional development of HMIS Specialists:
- Attends professional conferences and regular meetings with database contractors
- Coordinates with funder any database updates and reporting requirements
- Supports any technical and reporting issues related to HMIS system
- Assists with internal and program funder audits and monitoring visits
- Conducts program performance analysis from HMIS, creates graphic reports and recommendations to Program Manager for continuous improvement efforts
- Other duties as may be required to support program with database and information system expertise
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience operating or maintaining databases
- Strong knowledge of Database operations
- Strong technology skills (detailed below)
- Strong skill with Microsoft Office suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer
- Strong internet skills, able to remotely share data with funder as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Able to develop working relationship with stakeholders and program participants
- U.S. Veteran preferred
- Familiarity with HMIS, Adsystech, and/or Clarity programs
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.