Data Entry Clerk II LA County Grantee
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | San Fernando Valley, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Duties include monitoring records and reports; checking and reviewing data for completion and conformance with established regulations and procedures; compiling information for records and reports; gathering data used for statistical reports, and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Enrollment applications and waiting list:
- Processes participants and family source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the appropriate supervisor/ Staff for resolution.
- Adding and removing children from and to a wait-list.
Enrollment and Attendance:
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Enrolling and dropping participants in child plus as requested from family Advocate.
- Checking attendance on weekly bases, and running reports every month.
Providing family with information about our Birth-5 Model:
- Attaching eligibility documents into child plus
- Check to make sure that accurate data has been entered into the database
Program Data Entry:
- Entering content area data when coordinated, i.e. DRDP assessments, immunizations, Health related items, etc.
- Monitors database for data quality and corrects inconsistencies.
- Running reports for Multi-Disciplinary Team Services (MDTS) and Program Improvement report (PIR) for monitoring.
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of general office administration, data processing, business administration or related field experience
- Must be skilled in organization and use of records and files
- Must be well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and other general office procedures
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Prompt, team player, and regular attendance
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.