Data Entry Clerk II Head Start East Los Angeles
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | East Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (infant – 5 years old) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Duties include monitoring records and reports; checking and reviewing data for completion and conformance with established regulations and procedures; compiling information for records and reports; gathering data used for statistical reports, and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enrollment applications and waiting list: Processes participants and family source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the appropriate supervisor/ Staff for resolution.
- Adding and removing children from and to waitlist.
- Enrollment and Attendance: Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Enrolling and dropping participants in child plus as requested from family Advocate.
- Checking attendance on weekly bases, and running reports every month.
- Providing family with information about our Birth-5 Model:
- Attaching eligibility documents into child plus
- Check to make sure that accurate data has been entered into the database
- Entering content area data when coordinated, i.e. DRDP assessments, immunizations, Health related items, etc.
- Monitors database for data quality and corrects inconsistencies.
- Running reports for Multi-Disciplinary Team Services (MDTS) and Program Improvement report (PIR) for monitoring.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Proof at the time of hire:
- TB clearance within 6 months’ prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Must also have 2-4 years of general office administration, data processing, business administration or related field experience.
- Must be well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and other general office
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with and without reasonable accommodation including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to lifting up to 50 lbs
- Intermediate decision-making in the recommendation of training and /or referral to address assessed needs.
- Ability to translate theory and professional training into practical solutions
- Knowledge of Acorn SNST Tools and Heat Maps Child Plus
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.