Data Entry Clerk II Governance East Los Angeles
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | East Los Angeles, CA | Full Time | From $18.49 to $19.47 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 0 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Children also receive a broad array of health services including screenings and referrals, maintenance of immunization schedules, nutrition assessments and follow-ups, mental health assessments as part of initial screenings, and determination if any mental or physical delays are present. Children receive health and dental services and have access to ongoing and acute and routine health and dental care. Enrolled children receive healthy meals, along with an assessment of their nutritional needs and the necessary follow-ups. Nutrition education is available for parents and incorporated into daily classroom activities for the children.
Cities served include: Carson, Commerce, Compton, Culver City, Del Rey, East Los Angeles, El Segundo, Harbor City, Hawthorne, South Central Los Angeles, Lomita, Lynwood, Mar Vista, Newhall, North Hollywood, Pacoima, Palms, Paramount, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Fernando, San Pedro, Santa Clarita, Shadow Hills, South Central Los Angeles, South LA, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Torrance, Tujunga, Val Verde, Valencia, Valley Village, Wilmington.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Supports Program Governance with recordkeeping and reporting system by entering non -federal share information into database system. Ensures all non- federal share meets federal requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties include inputting and scanning non- federal share requirements, in-kind totals and volunteer hours into a data base system. Monitoring records and reports; checking and reviewing data for completion and conformance with established regulations and procedures; compiling information for records and reports; gathering data for statistical reports; and more.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Proof at the time of hire a Tuberculosis (TB) clearance and Health screening within 6 months prior to hire date. Annual influenza vaccination (between Aug1-Dec 1) Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization, Health screening.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must have 2 years of general office administration, data processing, business administration, or related field experience.
- Must be skilled in organization and use of records and files.
- Must be well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and other general office procedures
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet and set deadlines.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Attention to detail, team player, problem solver, independent, reliable, demonstrate a positive and openness to feedback and improvement.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.