Data Entry Clerk II
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | East Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 2 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday, 7:45 am to 4:15 pm.
Duties include monitoring records and reports; checking and reviewing data for completion and conformance with established regulations and procedures; compiling information for records and reports; gathering data used for statistical reports, and more.
Enrollment applications and waiting list:
- Processes participants and family source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the appropriate supervisor/ Staff for resolution.
- Adding and removing children from and to waitlist.
Enrollment and Attendance:
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Enrolling and dropping participants in child plus as requested from family Advocate.
- Checking attendance on weekly bases, and running reports every month.
Providing family with information about our Birth-5 Model:
- Attaching eligibility documents into child plus
- Check to make sure that accurate data has been entered into the database
Program Data Entry:
- Entering content area data when coordinated, i.e. DRDP assessments, immunizations, Health related items, etc.
- Monitors database for data quality and corrects inconsistencies.
- Running reports for Multi-Disciplinary Team Services (MDTS) and Program Improvement report (PIR) for monitoring.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must also have 2 years of general office administration, data processing, business administration or related field experience.
- Must be skilled in organization and use of records and files;
- Must be well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and other general office procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law