Creative Services Manager
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Creative Services Manager (CSM) oversees creation of art, photo, video, and layout design in both print and digital media. The externally focused purpose of creating this media is to increase enthusiasm for VOALA programs with potential clients, present VOALA as a key partner in the community, and show our funders that we are creating effective programs that positively change people’s lives and fulfill our mission of helping those most in need change their life stories. The internally focused purpose of this role will be to inform various program managers of other program resources within VOALA, and to facilitate other functional activities such as training and communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing creative output - from concept to production - for VOALA. The CSM is responsible for developing ideas and coordinating with organizational leaders to establish a clear vision for the work.
- Collaboration with VOALA leaders, the CSM will present design concepts and creative content to organizational leaders, division directors, and program managers, and then subsequently manage a team of creative professionals to meet project goals.
- Creative Team Leadership: the CSM will delegate tasks, hold regular status meetings to track progress, and analyze the project throughout the development process. After projects are completed, the CSM should analyze project success and develop procedural or product changes as necessary. The CSM handles project budgets and ensure timelines are followed.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, production, digital media, film-making, or other related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Media creation
- Minimum of 2 years of Creative Management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of messaging and storytelling
- Proven creativity with examples of successful messaging programs
- Strong knowledge of technical capabilities of photography and editing equipment
- Strong technical understanding of media platforms and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in media editing and publishing platforms
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very strong ability to create effective print and video messaging and stories
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible to address unexpected changes
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Strong vision, time management, works very well with people from various backgrounds.
- Strong coordination skills
- Comfortable working with full spectrum of individuals from executives and board members, to program leaders and workers, on various projects.
- Experience with social services organization
- Marketing background
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.