Construction Project Manager II
Maintenance and Grounds | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time | From $80,750.00 to $85,000.00 per year
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Construction Project Manager II is responsible for the practical management and planning of every stage of assigned construction projects. They will ensure building projects are completed safely, within budget and on time. The Construction Manager will oversee schedules of work and delegate tasks to ensure that each phase of a build goes to plan. The Construction Manager is also responsible for overseeing repairs at VOALA facilities to ensure they remain up to building standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and executes construction projects, including budget and oversight.
- Overseeing the logistical requirements of a project
- Delegating work to construction trade specialists for completion
- Meeting regularly with program management, funders and other managers to report on progress
- Setting targets, objectives and responsibilities for all supervised staff
- Regularly reviewing timings, budget, labor, risk and project plans to ensure work stays on track
- Setting and managing budgets
- Conducting site visits to inspect work, check materials and ensure staff are following health and safety guidelines
- Dealing with contracts and mitigating the impact of any issues
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality work within contract timescales
- Working in an office and on a construction site, may be required to drive a company vehicle, as needed.
- Directly inspects various facility construction efforts including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry for safe performance of contracted goals
- Maintains records including but not limited to work orders, supply receipts, and other project related information, Maybe required to obtain permits for jobs as needed
- May need to follow Davis-Bacon when the projects require this standard
- Will be required to follow the VOALA Procurement process
- Works with vendors as well as program management, as applicable
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- California General Contractors License required – Current or Past (expired)
- 4 years in building construction as well as performing routine major and minor repairs. (May include experience managing construction or in a construction specialty (plumbing, electrical, masonry, carpentry)
- 3 years of supervising staff in performance of major property and building construction jobs
- Strong knowledge of building codes and quality aspects of building Construction, including obtaining required permits
- Knowledge of administration and technical management of commercial and residential construction projects.
- Strong computer skills: Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven Leadership and supervisory qualities
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and use your initiative.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate, conflict resolution.
- California ICC/UBC Building Inspector Certification
- California ICC Residential Electrical Inspector E1 & E2 Certification
- California ICC / UPC Plumbing Inspector Certification
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certified
- EPA Lead Safe Certified
- Experience building homes shelters, school facilities and other regulated services a major plus.
- Microsoft Projects for Construction projects scheduling
- AutoCAD & Exactimate for estimating
- Skilled in continuous improvement in work processes and systems
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.