Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and respond to funder, governmental, and regulatory agencies regarding compliance issues, both property and non-property related
- Coordinate between VOALA Legal, AP, and property staff regarding monthly rent payment and various property issues
- Oversee and execute necessary compliance reporting, including coordinating collection of data from relevant staff, analyzing said data as needed for compliance, and drafting any reporting documents
- Develop and implement corrective action plans with program staff where issues of noncompliance arrive
- Develop and implement trainings for relevant program staff to effectively remain in compliance with various funder requirements
- Handle other tasks/projects as assigned under the direction of internal legal counsel
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to work a regular schedule provided by your direct supervisor.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- BA or BS; some proficiency with accounting/finance a plus.
- One or more years in compliance field
- Knowledge of fundamental of compliance reporting.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently; ability to set priorities among competing time-sensitive projects
- Ability to interface with external agencies and effectively represent VOALA
- Strong written and verbal communications; strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate and manage date collection by fellow staff.
- Prompt, flexible, organized, and dependable.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.