Compensation Analyst II
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Supports the administration of the compensation and classification programs at VOALA. Role includes, conducting job evaluations, determining job levels and associated job family matrices, classification, determines FLSA status. May write and/or edit job descriptions. Participates in compensation surveys, performs associated analysis and develops pay recommendations Leads compensation/classification projects. Ensures that all compensation/classification requests comply with current compensation protocols and all legal requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the implementation and administration of the organization’s compensation program.
- Evaluate and level jobs; determine salary recommendations for new and existing roles.
- Participates in industry market survey submission process.
- Review salary survey results and proactively provide the analysis of market trend with recommendations.
- Supports the annual compensation review process.
- Drafts training materials and communications including manager guidelines/toolkit, internal process documentation.
- Acts as a mentor and resource for the Classification/Compensation and HRIS team regarding to compensation related policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensures that pay practices remains compliant with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in a variety of compensation related projects, including ad-hoc studies, projects and analysis.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or the equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of in-depth compensation/classification experience.
- Minimum three years’ professional level human resources experience in large complex organization(s).
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of compensation principles, practices, systems, and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of compensation analytics and administration.
- Strong knowledge of FLSA regulations.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of California state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills: Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Must be able to develop complex formulas, pivot tables and v-lookups in Excel.
- Demonstrated HRIS skills, including general database and complex reporting experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced Excel skills and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills in reporting and data analytics as it relates to compensation and general HR functions.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at same time
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to varying audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations and training programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex questions and develop effective solutions.
- Skilled in continuous improvement in work processes and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
- Strongly prefer Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related area.
- CCP strongly preferred., PHR, SHRM-CP preferred.
- Ulti-Pro HRIS, applicant tracking systems, electronic time-keeping systems.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.