Clinician - Jail In-Reach (ODR)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
This jail in-reach program connects chronically homeless, dual diagnosed, frequently incarcerated individuals with a permanent housing solution. Embraces a “Housing First” approach, which prioritizes quick access to permanent housing without requiring “housing readiness”. Multi agency and inter-disciplinary provides wrap-around support. Connecting the most vulnerable to housing. Housing placement, employment services, mental health services, benefit services, case management, drug and alcohol treatment.
The Clinician will:
- Work in conjunction with case management to support mental health needs of clients
- Design and implement individual treatment plan based upon client needs assessments
- Responds to and intervenes in crisis situations; enlists additional support from funder or community professionals
- Makes referrals to community mental health resources as needed.
- Conducts clinical reviews as well as weekly quality assurance and utilization review
- MFT or ASW (under current supervision for license or licensed; LSCW or LMFT preferred) OR Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse with mental health training
- At least 1 – 2 years of experience in mental health counseling
- Experience working in the mental health systems
- Experience and knowledge of treatment plan design and case management
- Must have a valid California driver's license with a clean driving record
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal) desirable