Clinical Supervisor I
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Provides long–term case management, clinical/supportive services, and permanent housing assistance for chronically homeless Veterans. Combines Housing Choice Voucher assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Reports to the HUD-VASH Program Manager
- Oversee casework services performed by a unit of HUD-VASH Clinical Case Managers, Housing Specialists, and Peer Support Specialists
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of VOA and VA policies and procedures
- Reviews case records for accuracy, consistency, and conformity with HUD-VASH and VA laws, regulations and policies and for quality of clinical case management and application of proper clinical case management techniques
- Create and work within a team environment to ensure all VASH staff are knowledgeable and familiar with VASH contract expectations, case management and supervisorial expectations and ensure all staff are delivering high quality care
- Conducts unit staff meetings to interpret and discuss new policies, procedures and regulations, and to discuss need for improvement of clinical case management techniques
- Participates in and conducts in-service training programs and staff development activities
- Provide quality assurance of documentation and ensuring that case managers’ monthly contacts assist the agency with meeting its billing goals
- Co-sign all notes of non-clinical/non licensed employees within the VA progress noting system or other internal noting system
- Hold a Masters of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited institution
- Possess a State of California current license (LCSW) or (LMFT) with no restrictions
- Supervisory experience in homeless services or related social services field with strong skills in staff supervision and implementation and development of policies and procedures.
- Strong skills in staff supervision and implementation and development of policies and procedures
- Familiarity and ease working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma
- Effective written and oral communications skills with the ability to connect with people from varied backgrounds
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to learn and use program-specific software
- U.S. Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- Valid California driver’s license and access to dependable transportation with adequate insurance
- Basic knowledge of psychosocial treatment modalities, especially cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy skills training (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), relapse prevention (RP), Seeking Safety preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.