Clinical Case Manager
Adult Services | Greater Los Angeles Area, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Clinical Case Management Team provides clients with the highest levels of acuity and co-morbidities individualized care through access to service linkages, counseling, treatment planning, and various crisis intervention methods in order to prepare individuals for further success. The Clinical Case Manager I provides Intensive Case Management Services to clients who have several psychological co-morbidities that must be managed appropriately for a successful re-entry into society.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under supervision of licensed Program Supervisor or Manager, the Clinical Case Manager:
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with individuals (and families as appropriate) to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate
- Assess barriers facing the clients and develop a case plan.
- Coordinate individualized planning with clients to meet short- and long-term needs.
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met.
- Coordinates case conferences with clients, consults with service team, monitors progress of clients on case plan, assists clients to meet the agreed upon goals.
- Acts as advocate for client before judicial, community, social service, and administrative bodies as needed; facilitates support groups and client participation
- Network and communicate with referral agencies and community resources, as well as family members and natural supports
- Participates and assists with outreach events
- Other tasks as may be required to meet the program goals, and goals of program participants
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or reliable mode of transportation
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, or counseling from fully-accredited college or university
- Registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) or Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT)
- Minimum of 1 years of experience providing human services to a special needs’ population
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Knowledge of psychosocial treatment modalities, especially cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy skills training (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), relapse prevention (RP), Seeking Safety
- Strong knowledge of and ability to work with issues related to homelessness, aging in place, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma
- Strong Microsoft operating system use, including Outlook, Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiar with Database entry and use
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Case management skills in social services delivery
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients
- Strong Communication Skills in oral and written English language
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Client- focused, with leadership qualities: Dependable, collaborative, prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized, and comfortable with conflict resolution/mediation
- 2 years of complex clinical experience in program(s) serving homelessness, addictions, under-served populations or prison re-entry/diversion
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.