Clerical Assistant TEMPORARY PART TIME
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time and Temporary
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Clerical assistant provides general and specific clerical support to the departments to which they are assigned in order to maintain an efficient office environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with filing and administrative tasks.
- Compile Information, prepare records and reports, as directed.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, filing, faxing, photocopying, and scanning.
- Database entry as directed.
- Participate and assist in organizational functions and events.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
- General office, administration and/or clerical experience.
- Exceptional filing and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understands and follows oral and written directions as directed.
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Database Entry.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to maintain a harmonious and cooperative working relationship with staff and visitors.
- Prompt, team player, and regular attendance.
- Working towards an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Science, or related field.
- 6 months of general office, administration and/or clerical experience.
- Database experience
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.