Clerical Assistant (SSVF - LA)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Our SSVF Program (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) provides temporary assistance in conjunction with comprehensive case management to veterans with families who are homeless or are facing a housing crisis.
The SSVF Clerical Assistant will:
- Greet clients, answer questions, and provide resources as necessary
- Assist Case Managers with administrative tasks
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, faxing, photocopying and scanning
- Research community resources and provide service linkages and support systems for veterans and their families
- May assist in home field visits, and community events
- Compiles information and prepare letters, forms, records as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience with general office, administration and/or clerical experience
Special Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Must have excellent computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Minimum of 2 years of general office, administration and/or clerical experience preferred
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- US Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.