Certified Nursing Assistant - (The Billets Safe Haven)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Billets Safe Haven is a 6-month rehabilitation program designed to assist Veterans with serious mental illnesses and substance abuse histories in transitioning to permanent housing. The program is intended to motivate participants toward reduction of harm associated with substance abuse and past non-compliance with treatment and other recommendations.
This position requires certification in good standing as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with a preference for a Medication Technician Certification
The Certified Monitor:
- Assist clients by monitoring intake, behavioral observations and all non-verbal communications with taking daily medications.
- Maintain consistent documentation and confidentiality of department records as well as compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Inform program manager, clinical case manager and VA program RN of changes in client condition regarding medications and/or report relevant findings.
- Complete monthly auditing of client files, filing and updating of department records/forms.
- Assure safe storage of client medications by following program policy and procedures and per Community Care Licensing (CCL).
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA);
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a CNA
- Minimum of 1 year of working in residential setting and/or with chronically homeless population
- Fingerprint clearances required prior to employment
Special Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Familiarity with psychotropic medications and other potential medications with abuse potential
- Intermediate knowledge and usage of Microsoft software; specifically Excel spreadsheets
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Medication Technician preferred