Case Manager (Youth Build)
Adult Services | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The YouthBuild Case Manager is responsible for providing assessment, support, case management, education and training , and job placement assistance for YouthBuild participants.
- Recruit at partner schools and agencies
- Receive and review applications and interview applicants
- Complete participant assessments
- Document and report progress of YouthBuild participants
- Provide ongoing support, assistance and motivation to YouthBuild participants and staff
- Conduct weekly case management meetings with YouthBuild participants to develop, plan and track progress towards goals regarding completing high school or GED, obtaining stable employment and/or entering higher education
- Work with participants to remain in school/training and retain their position with YouthBuild
- Assist crew leaders in conflict mediation and problem-solving as needed
- Create and maintain relationships with outside agencies that serve as advocates and resources for YouthBuild participants
- Maintain monthly contact with past participants and provide additional follow up as needed
- Assist with job placements.
- Complete all required paperwork for YouthBuild participants.
- Maintain participant files and complete data entry in the YouthBuild MIS system.
- Participate in weekly case management and staff meetings.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with employers
- Assesses potential participants for level of ability and readiness for work.
- Coordinates and maintains relationships with the local work source centers (America’s Job Center)
- Develops individualized employment plans with each participant
- Provides job readiness training, career counseling and job coaching;
- Arranges interviews with employers and works with participants on job retention issues.
- Monthly case file audits
- Weekly case conferencing
- Other duties as assigned
Required Background and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
- Experience in employment placement and vocational counseling (preferred)
- 1 - 3 years experience working as a case management services (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Department of Labor MIS database experience or knowledge of similar database entry systems.
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with adequate vehicle insurance
Must be comfortable and able to work with youth ages 16-24.
Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer