Case Manager - (Womens Care Cottage)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
For young women coming out of the foster care system, our Women's Care Cottage is an 18 to 24 month program providing the opportunity for 18 to 21 year-olds who have been on probation or had a court related foster care case to develop the ability to live independently with pride and dignity.
- Conduct comprehensive screenings and assessments with youth to collect functional, environmental, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan
- Link clients to mainstream benefits and supportive services for housing, health care, domestic violence, substance abuse, legal assistance, employment and education as determined is needed
- Meets with clients on a regular basis to establish goals, and action steps towards those goals, and to monitor and assess progress towards achieving those goals
- Establishes and maintains contacts with providers of supportive services within and outside VOALA
- Establishes and maintains inter-agency and community relationships
- Participate in, and/or prepare for meetings, events, seminars, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience working with the TAY population 18 to 24 years of age with small children
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Valid California Driver's License preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus