Case Manager (Vet Substance Abuse Mental Health)
Adult Services | Orange County, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Case Manager handles a caseload of individuals. The responsibilities are summarized as:
- Manages a caseload of clients; develop an individual service plan with participant input; maintains case files.
- Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop a case plan.
- Develops support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary to maintain independent living, and, when possible, self-sufficiency and family stabilization.
- Collects necessary documentation for SAMHSA verification purposes.
- Provides supportive counseling and advocacy for clients.
- Refers participants to available VA/Community providers for therapeutic, social, educational, and medical resources when appropriate.
- Conducts crisis intervention as necessary.
- Monitors and verifies services provided to each participant on a regular basis, determining quality and effectiveness of services provided.
- Monitors and documents progress of participants via comprehensive case notes and service plans.
- Participates and assists with outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field or a combination of education and experience may be considered
- 1-3 experience working in field of homelessness or other related support services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- 1 - 3 years of experience with a diverse client base preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred
- U.S. Veteran strongly preferred