Case Manager - Transitional Living Program - NH
Adult Services | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Provide Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Monitor program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Provide active support and advocacy, including providing and/or coordinating transportation and accompanying youth to navigate services as indicated in the ISP, including employment, educational, legal services, health, mental health, substance abuse and other stabilizing services that may benefit the participant
- Links youth to mainstream benefits and supportive services for housing, health care, domestic violence, substance abuse, legal assistance, employment and education as directed by the Individual Service Plan.
- Meets with participants on a weekly basis to establish goals and action steps towards those goals, and to monitor and assess progress towards achieving those goals.
- Conducts follow-up with participants for up to 36 months to enhance their ability to maintain residential stability and economic self-sufficiency,
- Establishes and maintains contacts with providers of supportive services, community relationships within and outside VOALA
- Manage day-to-day operations of case managers' participant goals, objectives and treatment plans; maintains caseload
- Participates in, and/or prepares for, meetings, events, seminars, workshops, and trainings.
- Collect demographic and evaluative data on participants and their progress weekly.
- Work with youth once they are housed to assist with permanency and wrap-around services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Actively manage case files and daily progress notes per VOALA protocol.
- Actively participate in care coordination teams bi-weekly to ensure an intensive wrap-around approach to service delivery, including aftercare, for youth
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of two-years experience providing Intensive Case Management trauma-informed care to vulnerable youth
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop relationships with homeless youth, their families, and landlords, as well as a variety of service stakeholders (schools, health and public benefit agencies)
- Ability and desire to work with youth from different backgrounds
- Must be reliable and able to mutli-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to write clearly in order to complete required documentation
- Must be able to work effectively with people from all walks of life
- Valid California drivers license and access to dependable transportation with adequate insurance
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to learn and use program-specific software
- Bilingual (Spanish) (Preferred)
- Familiar with Clarity HMIS Data Base- (Preferred)