Case Manager - (Training to Work)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles Training To Work programs serve the reentry/ex-offender population. Our goal is to eliminate training and employment barriers. Our services focus on industry recognized training's, job readiness training and job placement assistance. Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Position Overview: Training to Work is a reentry employment and training program. The goal of the program is to assist men and women ages 18 and older successfully transition from prison back to their communities and become self-sufficient.The role of the case manager will be to build rapport with the participants, track participant progress and provide an environment of support to the participant.
- Advocates for participants and provide all Case Management Services
- Collaborate with other service providers to link participants to training, employment, and supportive services.
- Individual Career Plan development
- Identifying Career Pathways
- Developing employment leads
- Minimize service gaps, ensure continuity of care and assist with overcoming barriers
- Ensure completeness of participant charts and accuracy of all documentation.
- Ensure accurate data is entered and recorded in the MIS/PRI Database
- Maintain program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures
- Bachelor's degree human services or related field
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Two years’ experience working with reentry population
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Department of Labor MIS database experience or knowledge of similar database entry systems.
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with adequate vehicle insurance
- Must be comfortable and able to work with the reentry (ex-offender) population
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- Bilingual a plus but not required