Case Manager (Temporary) - Cal-Oes Human Trafficking Program
Adult Services | Wilmington, CA | Temporary
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
This job will end March 31, 2019
- Develop strategies with other Sanctuary staff to help identify, target, and provide support and resources for domestic victims of human trafficking.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, and development of ISPs, harm reduction and safety plans.
- Take required steps to address health, educational, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and psychological needs of each participant.
- Provide direct linkages to community support resources and services, follow up with participants with continued care
- Case Manager will assist clients with Vocational Stipends, Financial Assistance and Permanent Housing.
- Case manager will work in conjunction with the Program Manager and Vocational Coach to facilitate tutoring, mentorship, life skills which will include Therapeutic Yoga, Art Therapy, Budgeting & Finances and permanent housing for clients
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology or counseling from full-accredited college or university; substantial experience may substitute for a college degree
- Minimum of two years of experience working with victims of sexual abuse and/or human trafficking
- Valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to write clearly to be able to complete required documentation
- Must be able to work effectively with people from all walks of life with compassion
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Bilingual preferred(Spanish)