Case Manager - (SSVF - LA)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Our SSVF Program (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) provides temporary housing assistance in conjunction with comprehensive case management to veterans with families who are homeless or are facing a housing crisis.
The SSVF-LA Case Manager will arrange, monitor, and deliver services related to meeting the needs of SSVF program veteran households while helping them obtain housing stability. The SSVF-LA Case Manager duties are summarized as:
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with veterans to collect functional, environmental, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan
- Provides service linkages and support systems for veterans and their families, including for children and adolescents, to ensure identified needs are met
- Makes referrals to supportive services such as job developers, social workers and health care providers as deemed necessary
- Develops support systems to meet veteran and family needs; coordinates and facilitates move-in activities, rental negotiations, and service referrals as required
- May make home and field visits
- Provide supportive counseling and advocacy for families; provides crisis intervention, if needed.
- Establishes and maintains complete records as required
- 1 year experience working with veterans, people in recovery, homeless individuals and/or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and internet usage
- Ability to develop relationships with families as well as a wide variety of service stakeholders (schools, health and public benefit agencies)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- US Armed Forces veteran preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred