Case Manager - (SPA 6 BHF Funds) -LA
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Provide outreach and engagement to the homeless community through reports/referrals from shelters, police, churches, social services providers and others
- Conduct comprehensive screenings and assessments with homeless families to create a case plan
- Provide service linkage and support systems for homeless families, including for children and adolescents, to ensure identified needs are met
- Makes referrals to supportive services such as job developers, social workers and health care providers as deemed necessary
- Develop support systems to meet homeless families' needs; coordinates and facilitates move-in activities, rental negotiations, and service referrals as required
- Provide crisis intervention if needed, and make referrals to appropriate community resources
- Provide supportive counseling and advocacy for individuals
- Maintain complete client records, daily activity logs, mileage logs, HMIS and other reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field
- 1-3 years experience working with homeless families/individuals or people in recovery
- Knowledge of domestic violence, poverty, and federally funded mainstream programs
- Developing relationships with families as well as a variety of service stakeholders (school, health and public benefit agencies)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; HMIS database experience strongly preferred
- Valid California drivers license, insurance and reliable transportation preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills; bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.