Case Manager - (R.I.S.E OC)
Adult Services | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Case manager will work with the Program Coordinator and other program staff to identify and engage youth and child domestic victims and possible victims of human trafficking. This position will work closely with youth victims of trafficking, helping them to connect to community resources and navigate resource network.
- Must participate in program development
- Must provide direct assistance to program participants through outreach, intake, assessment, and ongoing counseling/ case management
- Conduct screenings, assessments, harm reduction, safety plans and take required steps to address health, educational, vocational, recreational, social emotional and psychological needs of each participants. Provide direct linkages to community support resources and services
- Engage with potential victims and contact at least weekly
- Must facilitate monthly support group meetings and attend required county meetings
- Must support each participant in developing and meeting program goals
- Must coordinate and/or provide transportation for each participant to support delivery of core services
- Maintain accurate records and reports as required by the County
- Must provide after-care support for the participants
- Must be available to provide telephone support and crisis de-escalation to target population twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, including holidays, through an on-call system after normal direct service hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters in Social Work (MSW) preferred) in social work, psychology, human services or related field
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a human services field and a minimum of one year experience in direct or indirect service provision to the target population
- Must be at least 24 years of age
- Must be extremely self-motivated, a self-starter and a problem solver.
- Must poses a strong understanding of adolescent and child abuse issues, human development, trauma informed care, and the dynamics of sexual exploitation of children.
- Must be flexible, possess the ability to take direction and enjoy working both independently and autonomously when necessary
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills as well as the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once with attention to detail; and adapt to change as needed
- Demonstrates ability of excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, email and the internet
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Managing multiple projects
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Valid California driver's license, dependable transportation, and adequate vehicle insurance
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Experience in working with crisis intervention (preferred)
- 1 year of experience working with trafficking survivors (preferred)
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer