Case Manager/Prevention Specialist - (Opioid Prevention Program)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Opioid Prevention Program provides outreach and education to young women (ages 10 – 17) who may have a history of substance abuse. The Case Manager/Prevention Specialist will:
- Conduct and facilitate drug prevention curriculum on an ongoing basis
- Links clients youth to resources and supportive services and provides referrals when necessary
- Assist participants in developing recovery plans with the skills, strengths, supports and resources to aid them in achieving individualized goals and plans; partner with treatment providers based on indicated need
- Keep records and documentation in accordance with program policies and procedures
- Use personal experiences, skills, strengths, supports and resources as a foundation for serving youth participants
- Work with team of service providers to ensure that outreach is being conducted both face-to-face and through social media outlets and to assure potential clients are being actively recruited into program
- Provide training and assistance to other treatment providers in Los Angeles County on the approved prevention curriculum
- Have a least 3 years of experience working with the target population.
- Must have knowledge of trauma-informed care, harm reduction, and positive youth development
- Must be familiar with and have knowledge of the challenges that face at-risk youth population,
- Experience providing case management and providing ongoing prevention method