Case Manager - (OJJDP) Child Victims of Sex Trafficking
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Case Manager will work in conjunction with the Program Manager and other program staff to identify and engage youth and child domestic victims and possible victims of human trafficking. The successful candidate for this position will be adept at navigating different social media platforms, internet and classified ads to identify youth sex trafficking victims and to increase community awareness about this issue. This position will work closely with youth victims of trafficking, helping them to connect to community resources and navigate resource networks. Priority for this position will be given to a survivor of human trafficking.
- Develop strategies with program staff to help identify, target, and provide support and resources for youth victims of human trafficking
- Provide street outreach, crisis stabilization and trauma-informed care to potential child sex trafficking victims
- Conduct community assessments to determine gaps in services and approaches for meeting the gaps in service
- Maintain and build partnerships and coalitions with other community and government agencies providing relief to human trafficking victims
- Participate and assist with community awareness events, including providing victim awareness and identification training to law enforcement, FBOs and CBOs
- Engage potential victims through gateway services and contacts at least weekly
- Conduct screenings, assessments, and development of ISPs, harm reduction, safety plans and take required steps to address health, educational, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and psychological needs of each participant. Provide direct linkages to community support resources and services, follow up as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology or counseling from fully-accredited college or university; substantial experience may substitute for a college degree.
- 3-5 years of experience working with survivors of sexual abuse, violence against women and/or human trafficking
- Experience working with victims of sexual abuse and/or human trafficking, especially youth under the age of 18
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer