Case Manager- MSW
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The MSW/Case Manager handles a caseload of individuals in need of a wide variety of human services resources. The MSW/Case Manager will provide direct clinical and intensive case management services to individuals with serious mental illnesses and substance abuse histories and substance use diagnoses.
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with individuals (or families) to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met
- Develop support systems to meet identified needs; coordinate and facilitate move-in activities, rental negotiations, and service referrals as required
- Provide supportive counseling and advocacy for those seeking services; provides crisis intervention, if needed
- Assess, diagnose, and treat dual diagnosed Veterans using multiple approaches in both individual and group format
- Master's Degree in social work (MSW) from an accredited institution
- 2 years’ experience working in mental health/substance abuse treatment and/or homelessness.
- 1 year of experience in residential treatment setting preferred
- Ability to develop relationships with adult clients as well as a wide variety of service stakeholders (health and public benefit agencies)
- Veteran or experience with Veterans preferred
- Valid California driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Ability to utilize a harm reduction approach and behavior therapy
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer