Case Manager Lead SSVF
Adult Services | Greater Los Angeles Area, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Lead Case Manager will arrange, coordinate, monitor, mentor, and assure all delivered services by the case management team meet the needs of clients. This includes assisting case managers in: assessing and reassessing household needs, educating households and community resource opportunities, developing housing stability plans, scheduling appointments, and providing necessary follow-up to ensure housing stability plans are progressing on schedule and needs are adequately being addressed. The position requires a combination of administrative/office duties and field/outreach work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign and monitor case load of team:
- Review daily referrals and screenings of potential clients.
- Designates clients to case manager for intake and ensures all supporting documents are verified
- Provides information and referrals for callers and walk-ins
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with clients to collect functional, environmental, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan
- Develops support systems to meet client needs, coordinates and facilitates move-in activities, rental negotiations, and service referrals as required
- May make home and field visits
- Monitors case managers on a regular basis to determine quality and effectiveness of services provided
- Review cases with Program Coordinator and Case Management Team
- Audit case file on a regular basis for completeness and accuracy
- Conducts crisis intervention as necessary
- Assists case managers by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary for veterans and families to maintain/obtain self-sufficiency and family stabilization
- Makes referrals to available VA/community providers for therapeutic, social, educational, and medical resources, as appropriate
- Provides support to case managers, clients and families through ongoing case conferencing, counseling, and advocacy
- Conducts comprehensive file reviews and assessment of data collected to assure all necessary documentation is collected by case managers for program services eligibility purposes
- Assure all program assets and file documents are maintained and secure for all client records
- Develops, performs, and assists with workshops pertaining to program services that meet client needs
- Participates and assists with outreach events
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
Bachelor’s Degree (Social Work or related) or a combination of education and relevant experience (2 years’ total)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a case manager
- Proven Leadership ability
- Case Management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Strong Microsoft operating system navigation, including Outlook, Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiar with Database entry and use
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of case management skills in social services delivery.
- Able to organize and schedule team’s caseload, support efforts of junior case managers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Strong Communication Skills in oral and written English language.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Proven leadership qualities; Dependable, collaborative, prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day.
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Expertly apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients.
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- 3 years of experience working with target population
- Experience in supervision or lead role preferred
- HMIS navigation
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.