Case Manager - Lead (Office of Diversion and Reentry)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Responsible for intake, assessments, service planning, service delivery, and global attainment
- Participate in defining procedures to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies of program operation; serves in key role for ground - level program start up including strategic planning and program implementation
- Manage day-to-day operations of case managers' participant goals, objectives and treatment plans; maintains a limited caseload
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Monitor program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Facilitates groups and completes required documentation; evaluates sessions for appropriateness and effectiveness
- Provides crisis intervention for staff and participants as needed
- Coordinate in-service training events for program staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in human services preferred
- Must be able to pass LASD background check
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in field of homelessness
- Minimum of 2 years experience in staff supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Effective written and oral communications
- Valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation
- TB Screening required annually
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.