Case Manager Generalist Youth Build Anaheim PART TIME
Youth Services | Anaheim, CA | Part Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The VOALA YouthBuild program will provide education, occupational skills training, and employment services to youth participants in Anaheim to help them reach key educational and career milestones. The program will equip youth participants to become successful in the workforce and be engaged in their communities.
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Case Manager (Generalist) will conduct participant outreach, intakes, and assessments. They will assist youth participants in developing an Individual Employment Plan and provide ongoing support throughout the program. The Case Manager (Generalist) will also conduct follow-up services for 12 months after the youth leaves the program. Each Case Manager handles a caseload and provides full range of services available, as described below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with individuals (or families) to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate
- Assess barriers facing the clients and develop an Individual Employment Plan
- Identify educational and career goals, and support them in pursuing the education required to achieve these goals
- Will support participants in completing enrollment applications and financial aid forms
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met
- Meet with participants through visits and phone calls to address financial, education and employment needs, and to ensure participants have the supports needed for employment retention
- Follow up with employers to identify any supports the employer may need to ensure the youth is able to maintain employment and to maintain a positive relationship with the employer to support placement of additional youth with the employer in the future
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met, coordinate with outside service providers
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or reliable mode of transportation
- Associate’s Degree (Social Work, Social Services, Public Administration, Public Health or related field) or a combination of education and relevant experience (2 years total)
- Minimum of 1 year of general experience in case management in addition to the education requirement
- Case Management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic Standards of Operation and Clinical Engagement, Clinical Documentation Methods, Client Focused Ideology
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate orally and in written English
- Ability to create and maintain written and electronic records; operate HMIS, recording the case management process flow and clinical documentation – DAP note proficiency, and caseload management.
- Understanding, ability to assess, and consult with team on participant acuity and appropriate levels of care through weekly treatment team meetings
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Dependable, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized, client focused, team player.
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- Bachelor’s Degree (Social Work, Social Services, Public Administration, Public Health or related field)
- Knowledge of resources available in the community for youth participants
- 1 year of experience working with target population
- Familiar with HMIS Navigation
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.