Case Manager Generalist Walnut
Adult Services | Walnut, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Case Manager (Generalist) provides intensive case management services to clients classified as low acuity. The Case Manager is the primary point of contact to coordinate services and care for assigned clients. Each Case Manager handles a caseload of individuals in need of a wide variety of human services resources and provides the full range of services available, as described below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with individuals (or families) to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate
- Assess barriers facing the clients and develop a case plan.
- Coordinate individualized planning with clients to meet short- and long-term needs.
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met.
- Coordinates case conferences with residents, consults with service team, monitors progress of clients on case plan, assists clients to meet the agreed upon goals.
- Acts as advocate for client before judicial, community, social service, and administrative bodies as needed; facilitates support groups and client participation as appropriate.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or reliable mode of transportation
- Associate’s Degree in Social Services or related discipline
- A combination of education and relevant experience (2 years)
- No prior experience required with a relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Otherwise, a minimum of 1 year of general experience in case management in addition to the education requirement
- Case Management ethics
- Programmatic Standards of Operation and Clinical Engagement
- Clinical Documentation Methods
- Client Focused Ideology
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to work a regular schedule provided by your direct supervisor.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Dependable, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized, client focused, team player.
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Public Administration, Public Health or related field
- 1 year of experience working with target population
- Familiar working with HMIS database
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.